Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Jabber not able to login in few Android phones

Dear All,

1) Issue :- Few Android users are not able to login to Cisco Jabber application. Like, One user is not able to login to application now but as per him He was able to login earlier.

2) I checked his phone and found that Jabber version 11.8.1 (latest) was installed on it but as per release notes for 11.8.1 we need Kernel version 3.10 or later. On his phone Android version is 5.1 and kernel version is 3.4 and we are not getting any option to upgrade Kernel version. He is using Sony XperiaZ1. I installed lower version (10.5.2 -Nov-2014 released) of Cisco jabber on this user's phone but same issue.

Will previous versions of Cisco Jabber will work after release of 11.8.1 version ?. OR will older version become obsolete after release of latest jabber version ?

3) I tried with one more user who is having Samsung Galaxy A5 but He refused me to upgrade kernel of his phone.

4) I tried with my Huawei Mate 8 phone which is having Android version 6.0 and kernel version 3.10. Cisco Jabber is working fine.

Regards,

Mohammad Yassir

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

If you do not meet the

If you do not meet the requirements that are listed, or use a phone which is not listed, there is no way to know what behavior you will see. Some people can use IM, but no call, some people the opposite.

If you don't meet the requirements, it *might* work, but there is no guarantee.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Dear All,

Dear All,

I troubleshooted and found that I am able to login from LAN (wireless) to cisco jabber but from internet I am not able to login. Please suggest.

Cisco Employee

Do you have MRA or a VPN

Do you have MRA or a VPN configured to do that?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

No VPN configured to do that.

No VPN configured to do that.

can you please explain for

can you please explain for Andriod clients where they are getting issues with external Wireless or over 4G.

I tried to connect with 4G

I tried to connect with 4G connection.

OK so when you are trying

OK so when you are trying over wifi eternally it's working fine ??? can you mention exact model is affected by this problem .

please clarify below questions:

1) what will be the output when you are trying over the internet using external wifi network  ?

2) While 4G you already mentioned it's not working

3) when you trying inside the internal network what will be the output 

4) MRA you are using automatic login or adding presence IP?

5) Can you share screenshot what error you are getting?

6) what events logs you are receiving in Expressway-C or E 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content