cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber On iPhone lost configuration Settings

ahautzmayer
Level 1
Level 1

After my Upgrade from iOS4 to iOS5 on my iPhone the Cisco Jabber client lost the configuration.

As a user I've to configure at least the Device-ID and the TFTP-Server.

Is this an iOS or Cisco Jabber problem and is there any fix for this issue.

Alex

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for version details. iOS 5 is supported with Jabber for sure but as of latest I had the info for Cisco Mobile client 8.1.2 & not sure if testing for 8.5 is over yet. If you are a Cisco partner, you might want to open a case with PDI Helpdesk from www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk so that PDI team can confirm it for you.

Meantime, did you try to reinstall the client, that might fix the issue too.

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the CUCM & CUPS version ?

Did the iOS upgrade disturb any other apps also on your iPhone or just the Cisco Jabber ?

GP.

CUMS and CUPS are 8.6.2 Release

in fact I had on my iPhone Problems with other Applications too, but a Customer had only Problem with the Cisco Mobile 8.5 Client.

Thanks for version details. iOS 5 is supported with Jabber for sure but as of latest I had the info for Cisco Mobile client 8.1.2 & not sure if testing for 8.5 is over yet. If you are a Cisco partner, you might want to open a case with PDI Helpdesk from www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk so that PDI team can confirm it for you.

Meantime, did you try to reinstall the client, that might fix the issue too.

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi

After entering the DeviceID AND TFTP Server the Cisco Jabber Client got all Information.

But from a Customer Perspektive After an iOS update there should Be no changes in the setup, on monday I've planned to Open an TAC chase.

Thx

Yes, I totally agree with you that iOS upgrade should not tamper the existing config. If you experienced this issue with multiple phones, perhaps TAC would raise a Bug after due verification & testing.

Good Luck !!

GP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: