Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco jabber over anyconnect vpn

lra-fg-ger
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have Jabber for Windows 9.2.6 in my AD EDI enabled. When I connect these clients over Anyconnect VPN, I can`t do any directory search. I only see the contact I previously added. The firewall doesn`t block anything. How can I solve this? It is the same with Jabber for Android.

regards

Ralph

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you 100% sure there is actually connectivity between the machine running J4W and your LDAP??

The searches are directed directly to LDAP.

Try erasing the cache and log once again, if you don't get the right info from the contacts you've already added, then, the problem is you're not able to reach your LDAP.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'm sure. I checked it with wireshark. Surprisingly there arn't any ldap request of user objects. Jabber asks only for the computer object it currently running on. By default EDI directory search is enabled. In the meantime I did a test with an local admin user that is not a domain user in our lan. There is the same result. Directory search doesn't work. I can't see that Jabber tries to search something over ldap. Wenn I log out this user and login with a domain user directory search works. Than I see ldap search requests.

regards

Ralph

How do they get the location of the LDAP??

Is it hardcoded in the .xml file??

Or SRV records?? If SRV records, I'd check they're actually getting them when using the VPN

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We've got help from CISCO support. We changed from EDI to UDS. Now everything works fine. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: