Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber over Cisco ipsec VPN client

wgonzalez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has had this issue.  I'm currently using the J4W 9.2.3 client and when I'm using Jabber in my office everything works fine.  IM works great and my inbound and outbound calls work.   The issue I have is when I'm working from home over my personal wifi and Cisco ipsec VPN client (version 5.0.07.0290) to remote into my domain the IM and presence features work fine however only outbound calls work. With Jabber I can dial any DN within my organization and the will work. The only problem is when someone tries to call me, I will never get an alert for the incoming call.   However my ip phone back in my office will keep ringing and I will see the voicemail and missed call in jabber?   For some reason the call doesnt make it to me over my VPN session.   I'm not sure what could be the issue.   Does Jabber have certain requirements over ipsec VPN in order to work?  We are using ASA 5510 for firewall and VPN endpoint. 

Thanks,

William Gonzalez

CCNA R&S       

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William,

We recently had this issue - one of my other Network admins had to open a case with TAC their resolution was to add

a NAT translation on our ASA for Outside Outside Static source is your VPN network, destination is your VPN network.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

wgonzalez
Level 1
Level 1

i also want to make sure that I'm being not limited because of licensing or other client that needs to be purchased to make this feature work.   It would be nice if inbound calls work because this is a feature that my company is looking forward to using for mobile users.

thanks,

William,

We recently had this issue - one of my other Network admins had to open a case with TAC their resolution was to add

a NAT translation on our ASA for Outside Outside Static source is your VPN network, destination is your VPN network.

Thanks,

Thanks Felix, I appreciate your feedback.  Actually it turns out that our issue was due to the "inspect sip rule" on our ASA Firewall.  Once this was removed traffic worked bi-directionally.  We had to get 3rd Party vendor to troubleshoot, he is CCIE Security and it took him a few mintues to find out the problem.  I would have never guessed, maybe this is a clue to start venturing into the Security Path

nice shared, also resolved my problem.   great!!!!

Rizwan Haider
Level 1
Level 1

We are using IPsec site to site tunnel. Cisco Jabber connects call properly but Jabber stay on "Calling status" no connected call counted start but call gets connected. during this behavior recording server doesn't record the call as well. 

Cisco ASA >>>> IPsec tunnel <<<<<<<Fortinet.

any clue? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: