cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber (windows) - Point-to-point to Multipoint escalation

Michael Boscia
Level 4
Level 4

What mechanism do I use to escalate a point-to-point call between CUCM registered Cisco Jabber endpoints to a multipoint call?

I'm not familiar with the software enough to know if there is a "Join" button when I put an existing call on hold to call a 2nd party.

Is there a way to invoke Multiway somehow?

Since the Cisco Jabber clients aren't registered to VCS-C like they are with Jabber Video, I don't understand where/how I invoke Multiway or something like it.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Daniel Hoffman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

Jabber relies on the conferencing resources defined on CUCM for both audio and video ad hoc multi-party calls, and Jabber behaves just like a telephone in adding parties to the call. If a video MCU is defined and available and all parties support video calls, then the result is a multi-point video call. We support Cisco/legacy Tandberg MCUs with CUCM.

Dan

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HI,

I have a customer which has CMBE6K with 200 users. All users have Jabber for windows ( CUWL licenses).

Based on information I've found I only can do point-to-point video calls only with CUCM, I cant do multiparty calls if havent a MCU?? is that correct??

In case yes, Do I need really a MCU if I want to do a multi-party calls among three users??

I dont remember the MCU price but I dont think it be cheap, so what is my alternaytive??

Regards

Verify that the 5300 series MCU is supported as a lower cost alternative to the 4500. The 5300 offers more flexibility in licensing, whereas, the 4500 requires the max license count/cost. Also, see if Cisco has completed testing of the PVDM3 in the ISR G2 router for use with Jabber. I know it works, but testing was underway earlier in September.