Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber with CME

JeromeTechie1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

So as the title said I successfully configured Cisco Jabber on CME 8.6, can place call and receive calls from sccp phones etc.

I am bringing the testing a bit furthe, i deployed Extension mobility on my SCCP phones and i would like the extension mobility users when not logged on a desk phone to receive the calls on their Iphone (or other smarthone using jabber) through the same extension number.

Cisco jabber seems to come with some desk phone integration (which according to the documents i read would provide just that) but when I tye in the creds of my extension mobility users i get an error message on my Jabber.

Anyone have any idea how to get this working?

Thanks a lot to those who will participate

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think that part is not supported on CME yet.

However you can configure so that both desktop and mobile will ring in parallel after a timout.

if it is not i guess i'll fix it with an hunt group parrallel but I dont rly like it its not looking good at all

Edit: Hmmm which feature would you use for the proposition you suggested?

No hunt group needed. It goes under ephone-dn. Can't remember the command now.

I know SNR doesnt workwith CME extensions (or at least i think), Call-forward noan could be it but no parrallel command on it, i keep looking at the command list under ephone-dn just cant make out the one you are mentioning

Ok apparently they added a command under snr which allows for local extension

snr calling-number local

snr delay timeout

i guess this should work out

I ll do further testing in the next few days will keep you posted

thanks for the tips

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: