cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cnetralization of Jabber Logs

ahussain110
Level 1
Level 1

We just rolled out Jabber at our company and our compliance came back to us saying that we need to have a way of able to archive the Jabber logs at a centralized location and be able to retrieve it for compliance purposes. I did a lot of research and found out where the Jabber logs are stored locally under the pc. However I was expecting a text document but I see the history file as a .db file. I did some research and was able to open that with a SQL Lite browser. Does cisco Jabber have any capability of centralizing the History from all the users at the CUPS/Jabber server so we can retrieve it. Would we need to work with third party or buy something from cisco to accomplish this. Any help will be highly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, but you need to configure a postgresql server and DB for that, since you don't mention which version you're using, just go to cisco.com and search postgresql to get the links, only CUPS/IM&P use it, so it's fairly easy to get them.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: