Views
Helpful
Replies

COP for Cisco Jabber (android)

sujimansuadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Currently our system running on CUCM 7.1. I've been reading the data sheet to deploy Cisco Jabber on Android and for my understanding, we need to install Cisco Options Package (COP) in order to make this Jabber device available in the CUCM.

However, after searching through out cisco website and i can't find the appropriate COP file. Therefore, i would appreciate if anyone who ever succeed in installing this COP can help me a bit to find this COP files.

on side note, i've found below bulletin and it does mention about a device license (ADR-USR-LIC) is also require. what that suppose to mean? after install COP do we need to order a license some more?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7290/ps11678/product_bulletin_c25-661348.html

thanks for any feedbacks.

Regards,

ss

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its not downloadable yet... but its available through your local Cisco SE.  I have it working on 8.5 through my wireless network fine.  Although, I cant get my Xoom tablet to work correctly.  But I have tried with HTC Epic4 and some Motorola Droids and it works well.   Just make sure your wireless network is working well and not completely locked down with certs, the droids cant take certs (I think that was what I found).   You dont need a license file if you DLUs available in the system.  It will still use DLUS just as any device will.

I still can't find the cop file for download. But here is a secret, just build the device as you would a regular dual iphone (TCTXXXX) and it will work

Hello Tommer, I understand that Cisco jabber is replacing Cisco ip communicator. I want to ask if the jabber when installed on desktop can use the same dn with an existing 8945 phone?  I have 30 Cisco 8945 phones running very well. Some staff don't have the 8945 phone. So, I want to use jabber as an alternative to the non users of 8945 phone. Can this be possible?  If so, how do I set it up in Cisco im and presence as well as cucm. I have read Cisco documentation  but I am getting confused with the LDAP directory to sync with my corporate directory. There is  no corporate directory in my network. There is no domain. How do I bypass this LDAP?

hello , i noticed you asked the same question on other post as well.

yes , you can use the same number for jabber as well which you have assigned to 8945. so it will act as shared line.

i guess you are trying to configure jabber for call purpose only. in that case you have to create a CSF device on cucm , assign that CSF device to end user who wants to use jabber. its not compulsory that this user has to be from ldap. it can be a cucm local user as well who is trying to use jabber. so once you try to login into jabber , select the advance setting option in it and enter the cucm ip in " cisco communication 9.x and later". by doing this , jabber will login only for phone services.

Hello varundeep,

Thank you for your quick response. I have created csf  device, but I when I navigated to end users, I see zero record. My challenge is that I can't find any user. Can I still assign another directory number to Cisco jabber in such a way that those who couldn't get the 8945 phone can still use software phone to call?  Would it be OK if we can work together on my machine via team viewer?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: