Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM9+CUPS9+Jabber for Iphone Contacts Not Displaying Numbers

metalium2007
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

we have a solution of Unified Communications 9, integrated with Active Directory + Unified Presence.

The users have their extension on AD PhoneNumber field and we can make calls directly from Jabber for Windows without any problem, just clicking the phone sign.

The issue is that when we see a user profile on Jabber for IPhone (searched from AD), the number won't display and we can't just "click to call". We have to know the number by heart and introduce it manually (and only after this it will be resolved to the user's name).

What can be the issue, can you help? So we can get the numbers directly in the user's profile?

thank you very much

Met

7 Replies 7

brmorris
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you confirm which version of Jabber for iPhone your running.

Bryan

It's the last one, 9.5!

Jabber client should be getting the phone number from the "telephoneNumber" attribute in AD.

Can you post the jabber-config.xml file your using the BDI directory configuration.

Bryan

Hello!

On the IPhone , user can search AD.

I'm not using any BDI configuration. What may be happening?

Thanks!

For Jabber for iPhone 9.5 you must define directory access via BDI.

Bryan

I understand that, per the documentation.

So it is normal that the iphone user can search the AD, but no get the phone numbers, without BDI? Normal behaviour?

Thanks Bryan.

Regards.

No. If they are able to search the directory then we would expect contacts to also contain AD-sourced data such as phone numbers. If the contact lacks this information it's possible that it can't match the user record in AD to that contact. For example, if the left-hand side of the XMPP URI doesn't match the username attribute defined in the jabber-config.xml.

With that said, searching the directory also won't work unless you have BDI configured. I think Bryan was on the right track there.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.