Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bronze

CUPS 8.6 federation

Hi all, I have two CUPS 8.6 clusters (Cluster A and Cluster B), both are in different domain and the communication is through a VPN s2s.

What is the best way to communicate jabber IM users between cluster A and Cluster B. Plase share your comments.

Thanks a lot

David

2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

HiJust set up XMPP federation

Hi

Just set up XMPP federation direct between the clusters. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/integration_notes/Federation/Federation/XMPPConfig_chapter.html

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Bronze

Hi Aaron, thanks a lot for

Hi Aaron, thanks a lot for your help,

I did:

Here is what we have.

1. Public DNS Entry for our CUP Cluster A server. (Do I need a DNS entry for the Cluster B server too?)

2. Public SRV entry for our CUP server with the following details _xmpp-server._tcp.<domain.com> 0 1 5269 (Do I need a SRV entry for the Cluster B server too?)

3. The communication between both CUPS servers is via VPN, and I don't have port restriction.

4. CUP server with XMPP Federation ON and UCP XCP Router Service Restarted

I cannot add any remote users to my jabber client and see presence status.

Follow the guide, the "Configuring DNS SRV Record for Chat Node for XMPP Federation" is needed to enable IM exchange between users that are located in both clusters?

Thanks for your help.

David.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content