Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Default Audio file for IM's is way TOO QUIET

I cannot believe that a basic function such as changing the default sound played when alerting to an IM cannot be modified.

This is a feature that comes FREE and built in to any and all free public domain freeware - and working for a Fortune 15 company - with the amount of licensing we have paid - you cannot provide this basic feature?

We are using 10.5.0 build 37889

Please advise if anyone has a work around to replace the default imAlert.wav file with something else.  Star Trek phasers is my mood right now.

I have tried renaming the audio file and replacing with several others that have been renamed - but this is worse.  NO SOUND gets played.

It almost seems if this is intentionally limited for a reason that I cannot wrap my head around.

Please advise  before I make a recommendation to ditch this for something else.   This is not a productivity building product when I cannot hear that I have received an IM - especially from upper management.

2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

All of your frustration and

All of your frustration and threats to abandon the product are misdirected by sharing them here. We are not Cisco employees nor do we have any influence over product development. You should discuss any functional requirement shortfalls with your Cisco AM.

Since this functionality does exist on the OSX app, I would expect it to show up on Windows at some point as well. In the meantime, ensure you've covered the basics including that the Windows volume mixer has Jabber turned all the way up.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or

Agreed -I reposted it since

Agreed -I reposted it since someone recommended to post it in the Client section and I left out the commentaries.... Thanks....

FYI - I attached the screenshot for our available choices and would have to agree that I hope we get more selection soon similar to what you posted for your MAC version.

Views
Helpful
Replies