cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

do any new cisco versions support auto-adding team members back to group chat?

ciscojerger
Level 1
Level 1

each day I create a team group chat (9.2.6 or lower)

a. if someone falls out of the team chat  (switches buildings, goes to a meeting, reboots etc)

b. they fall out of the team chat

c. users have to ask me to add them back to the team chat or I have to add all team members in the group every few hours.

It would be great if it was more of a chat room like feature where anyone in that group can come/go as needed. Do any versions support this feature?

If not I would like to pass this on as a suggestion. I believe lync supported this feature.

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you mean persistent chat??

Or are you just doing a regular group chat??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

persistent chat would be great but I dont see it in 9.2.4 or 9.26.

Regular group chat is what we use but as techs leave to do tech work, they fall out. Sometimes we cant add them in and have to create a new group chat. Users have to ask to be placed back in.

No way to do that with regular group chat, you would need to have persistent chat to get that feature.

HTH

java

ciscojerger
Level 1
Level 1

and persistent group chat looks like it works with cisco jabber 9.7+?

any advice on how I would submit a request internally for persistent chat?

a. what is required (what is the name of the app, database stuff I have read about)

b. which version of Jabber is recommended

I would like it integrated with Cisco jabber and not a separate chat utility. Also is there a different place to place a "wishlist" request? Thanks!

The official way to ask for new features is to submit a PER via your account team.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/configAdminGuide/10_5_1/CUP0_BK_CE43108E_00_config-admin-guide-imp-105/CUP0_BK_CE43108E_00_config-admin-guide-imp-105_chapter_01110.html#CUP0_TK_C529D879_00

9.x and below, PostgreSQL, 10.X+ adds Oracle support.

You can review persistent chat compatibility in the RNs for each J4W client.

HTH

java