Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Jabber for Windows support click to call

solivarr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Question:

Does Jabber for Windows support click to call?

Answer:

Cisco Jabber for Windows currently supports click to call features within Microsoft Outlook and Sharepoint.  All other Office Applications including Word, are not supported in this release of Jabber for Windows.

Note: Click to Call Features are also not supported in Microsof Internet Explorer or any other browser at this time.

7 Replies 7

rowdygardner
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know when Cisco is going to include Click-to-Dial from Internet Explorer into the Jabber for Windows Client?

This functionality has been on over venders softphones for 5+ years. With Cisco's huge R&D budget this feature should have been added years ago.

Will this feature be included in release 9.2 which is due Q1 2013?

is this still the case or has it changed.

m.sparreboom
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me in which version this feature is expanded to all windows applications (including timeframe)?

Stan Budco
Level 5
Level 5

just wondering if Click to Dial is now supported with Jabber or not yet? Can't find additional information on this.

I believe the situation is unchanged with the latest version of Jabber, as compared to the original/first comment in this post on May 19 2012 

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

minkdennis wrote:

I believe the situation is unchanged with the latest version of Jabber, as compared to the original/first comment in this post on May 19 2012 

Hi minkdennis,

What do you base this belief on? Is it observational or is there a release note or other Cisco notification? 

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: