cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

email notification of missed Jabber chat messages?

jamesdiehl
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to know if there was an option or method to send an email notification if someone sends a chat message, and you do not respond within a certain period of time. 

There are times where I am presenting and do not see Jabber chat messages (or anything else for that matter), but if a critical chat message comes in, I'd like to have an email notification sent to a distribution list or at least to my own email address. 

Thanks!

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is no such option.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime. I'm going to assume from your answer that no plans are in the works for something like this, and will probably never see the light of day :(

Is anyone in the community aware of this being an option in 3rd party products that support XMPP, like Trillian or Pidgin? I'm afraid that a recent switch from Skype to Jabber has left a gap in many areas, including this feature. 

lgannoun1
Level 1
Level 1
Is there a progress on this one? how to handle missed Jabber conversations and notify the user via email or put missed IM in a special MS outlook folder?

IM&P enables offline messages and they should be delivered to the user once he logins, but that's it, no way to get them the messages via email, sms, outlook, etc.

HTH

java

Do you know if Compliance products would be able to see those messages? I would assume so since they can be logged as messages sent from a user, but I make no presumptions about how that mechanism works.

They should be sent to compliance as any other messages.

HTH

java

Hello,
How can i enable offline messages in imp? How can i enable email notification on jabber clients? I have configured exchange 2016 in imp. I would like to receive email notification  in  my jabber

if a user sends me email ?

Thanks

Collins

Just enable the option in the IM&P server for offline messages

Jabber doesn't have any email notifications, the integration to exchange is just for pulling the user calendar status server side.

I guess you could get some email notification if you build your custom tab for that purpose.

HTH

java

Hello sir,

Thank you for your response.i have created the custom tab for my email.i have integrated exchange with imp.ping is reacheable and ssl cert is also verified .

You said previously that the significance of this integration is to pull the user's calendar status.How do i check if this working ? Is it to create canlendar events in the exchange and check the status of that event in jabber calendar ?

Hope to read from you