Views
Helpful
Replies

Exclude certain mobile numbers in J4W 10.5

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a couple of users that are using thier private cell phone. Therefore their cell phone number is typed into the AD attribute "mobile".

But how can I exclude the private cell phone numbers from being displayed in Jabber for Windows 10.5? Should I use BaseFilter and regular expressions or?

Or maybe the other way around, just allow the corporate cell phone numbers?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

/Kristian

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can change the mapping of which fields are shown in J4W in the jabber-config.xml, you can point to a field that has no info, or as you mention, make sure you only have corporate numbers in your LDAP.

The jabber config guide has all the details under the directory integration chapter for the .xml

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I know Jaime ;) thats why I'm asking here. The problem is that the corporate and private cell phone numbers are in the same AD field. So I need some kind of filter. Therefore, can I use BaseFilter or SearchBase or something?

Mapping to an empty field is no solution :(

Thanks

The filters are meant to match some values of the users, and bring them over to CUCM or to be visible in J4W, they are not meant to hide fields of users that match the filters.

Specify a directory subkey name only to retrieve objects other than user objects when you query the directory.

The default value in Cisco Jabber for iPhone and iPad is (&(objectCategory=person).

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

DELETE

Did you ever solve this? 

No I never did Adam :(

Do you have a suggestion?

Nope, but I'm desperately looking for a solution! I just want to exclude the home number fields so it doesn't show up in the jabber search. Not so easy by the looks.