Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Export Configuration Files

I am new to Jabber and was looking for a way to export all the configurations that are made to the server.  This will help to stand up additional servers in other enviornments more quickly.  We are running Jabber XCP 5.8.1 on Windows, any ideas on how to do this?

4 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Are you saying you are running the pre-Cisco aquisition Jabber XCP server software? If true I would be surprised if you get an answer unfortunately. The Cisco partner/customer base has not interacted with native Jabber XCP as Cisco embedded into their Cisco Unified Presence (now IM&P) platform, abstracting all of the configuration behind the existing GUI. I'm not trying to turn you away, just level-set expecatations.

Yes we are, its not an enviornment where an upgrade is possible either, unfortunately this is what we have to work with.  I appreciate your response though, I was unaware Jabber XCP was prior to Cisco's aquisition.  I think I may have found a way to pull it off using the XML files that are created but I was hoping for an easier solution.

VIP Super Bronze

It is worth noting that the IM&P platform is almost free because Cisco is only licensing the voice/video functionality now. If you have an existing Cisco UC 8.6+ platform with active ESW/UCSS you're good to go. If not, you only have to buy the 50-seat minimum UCL bundle to get software entitlement, even if you deploy Jabber to your entire user population.

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-29265

When combined with "specs-based" support on non-Cisco server hardware, you might be able to utilize existing data center investments, making the migration path far cheaper.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization

PS- In case you look through the documents and are confused by the requirement to have UC Manager (traditionally the PBX call agent) it's because Cisco is merging the two together products together. CUCM provides the user database and, in 9.0+, nearly all of the configuration.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks for the information. Curiously, it appears this version of XCP (5.8) was after the Cisco aquisition.  I noticed that Cisco's name is in the help sections and in the Copyrights sections.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content