Replies

Failed to connect to specified server

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have installed the cop file, configured everything, but I get the message:

"Failed to connect to specified server"

I have rebooted the callmanagers/CUPS, but still I get this error.

I have attcahed the log files, can someone look into this?

The IM and presence part works perfectly.

I did not configure application dial rules, is this necessary to make the phone function work?

Thanks,

Jan

7 Replies 7

szelenka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Application dial rules are not required to register the device, they are used to aid in dialing only.

From your diagnostics, we can see these lines:

CFG : config_process_ccm_properties : No valid TFTP server configuredCFG : config_process_ccm_properties : No valid TFTP server configuredSIPCC-SIP_CC_PROV: CCApp_task: Received Cmd[6] for app[1]

SIPCC-SIP_TRANS: sipTransportCfgTableInit: For CCM0: line 8 Addr:  Port: 5060 listen Port: 5060 transport: 4 Sec Level: 0 Is Valid: 0

SIPCC-SIP_TRANS: sipTransportCfgTableInit: For CCM1: line 8 Addr:  Port: 5060 listen Port: 5060 transport: 4 Sec Level: 0 Is Valid: 0

SIPCC-SIP_TRANS: sipTransportCfgTableInit: For CCM2: line 8 Addr:  Port: 5060 listen Port: 5060 transport: 4 Sec Level: 0 Is Valid: 0

SIPCC-SIP_TRANS: sipTransportCfgTableInit: For CCM3: line 8 Addr:  Port: 5060 listen Port: 5060 transport: 2 Sec Level: 0 Is Valid: 0

SIP : sip_transport_setup_cc_conn : Admin has not configured a valid cucm for cucm index=PRIMARY_CCM=0.

SIP : sip_transport_setup_cc_conn : Admin has not configured a valid cucm for cucm index=SECONDARY_CCM=1.

SIP : sip_transport_setup_cc_conn : Admin has not configured a valid cucm for cucm index=TERTIARY_CCM=2.

SIP : sip_transport_setup_cc_conn : Admin has not configured a valid cucm for cucm index=SRST_CCM=3.

Which seems to imply that there are no CUCM servers configured for the device to attempt a registration to; if you look at the Addr: portion we'll see there is no address specified.

Do you know if the address you're entering to register to has the proper TFTP file generated?  You could try to download it using a generic TFTP client and look for the CUCM server list in there. 

Hello Szelenka,

Thanks for your reply.

You ask me if the proper TFTP file has been generated. How is this file created?

And how can I check it? what is the name?

Thank you very much for your help.

Jan

The TFTP file is created when the device is provisioned in CUCM.  Though from the logs it seems like we don't even have the TFTP server to attempt a lookup.

No valid TFTP server configured

This may be in the settings of the client itself.

Hello Szelenka,

Thank you for your time.

The problem has been solved, it was just a DNS issue.

Unfortunately I can not debug the iPAD that well as I can Cisco and or Windows machine's, so it took some time.

Works perfectly!

Thanks,

Jan

Can you please elaborate a little more on the resolution ?. We seem to have similar issue.

Hello Ajay,

In my case my iPAD gets IP address and DNS servers from my 876 wireless router.

When you configure the iPAD telephony part, you put in the IP address of the CM (TFTP)

Afterwards the iPAD gets information and then wants to connect to the CM name and tries to find it on the external DNS servers, this doesn't work of course.

So manual I changed the DNS server to point to my home DNS server, and still it didn't work.

I also had to fill in the domain name on  the iPAD (home.local)

And then iPAD registered and I can make phone and video calls.

I did some wireshark debugs, and then I saw where the problem was.

Seems that iPAD can not register on a TFTP address as a last resort (like a Cisco IP phone)

Hope this is useful,

Thanks,

Jan

Thx !. This helped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: