cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Front camera does not work

Edward.gosnell1
Level 1
Level 1

Using a Dell Venue 11 pro using windows 8.1 Do you know how to switch camera it defaults to rear camera can’t seem to use front. I can use the front camera when using the camera software but not on Jabber any ideas?

5 Replies 5

Jeremy Pringle
Level 4
Level 4

Did you ever get this problem figured out?  I am having the same problem with some Dell Venue tablets.  Some users don't have any issues switching between the front and back cameras while others do.

One thing I have noticed on the users that can switch cameras, the cameras have different names (i.e. Front Camera=User View and Rear Camera=World View).  But the users that cannot switch, their cameras both have the same name (i.e. Integrated Webcam).  Other apps such as Lync and WebEx don't have a problem with this but I am wondering if that is what is causing problems for Jabber?

Thanks!

No I haven't I don't have anyone that can use it from Jabber it works from other application.

I found some thing about doing firmware update but I have not had a chance to try to see if works our not.

It seems all I can find is that not supported with Windows 8.1 is that correct?

Could be the camera drivers are different for the working and non-working systems.  Maybe comparing and sharing the driver versions will help.

I took a shoot in the dark and downloaded firmware update for rear camera believe it or not it work. Go figure a update for rear camera would fix front camera issues with Jabber.

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Try using the latest jabber 11.8.3. i believe it has the fix.