Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Front camera does not work

Using a Dell Venue 11 pro using windows 8.1 Do you know how to switch camera it defaults to rear camera can’t seem to use front. I can use the front camera when using the camera software but not on Jabber any ideas?

5 REPLIES

Did you ever get this problem

Did you ever get this problem figured out?  I am having the same problem with some Dell Venue tablets.  Some users don't have any issues switching between the front and back cameras while others do.

One thing I have noticed on the users that can switch cameras, the cameras have different names (i.e. Front Camera=User View and Rear Camera=World View).  But the users that cannot switch, their cameras both have the same name (i.e. Integrated Webcam).  Other apps such as Lync and WebEx don't have a problem with this but I am wondering if that is what is causing problems for Jabber?

Thanks!

No I haven't I don't have

No I haven't I don't have anyone that can use it from Jabber it works from other application.

I found some thing about doing firmware update but I have not had a chance to try to see if works our not.

It seems all I can find is that not supported with Windows 8.1 is that correct?

Could be the camera drivers

Could be the camera drivers are different for the working and non-working systems.  Maybe comparing and sharing the driver versions will help.

I took a shoot in the dark

I took a shoot in the dark and downloaded firmware update for rear camera believe it or not it work. Go figure a update for rear camera would fix front camera issues with Jabber.

Cisco Employee

Hi

Hi

Try using the latest jabber 11.8.3. i believe it has the fix.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content