Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How can I turn off pop-up windows for all chats? (Mac)

I would like to turn off pop-up windows for all new and existing chats. I'd prefer to have just a single dock bounce. I've figured out how set the dock bounce already, but pop-ups with the entire chat contents appear for new chats. For existing chats, they do not.

Mac Version 11.5.0

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY

I don't believe there's any

I don't believe there's any parameters that allows you to change this type of behavior on the CJ4M client. According to this article;

http://www.macworld.com/article/1138403/os-x/dockbounce.html

This is likely a limitation of the OS. The article provides a way to disable the dock bouncing feature but by doing so, you would disable this feature for all of the other apps.

I created custom install packages for CJ4W before via Microsoft Orca but Cisco doesn't provide 'How To' documentation for creating custom install packages for Mac, so I don't know if you can. Honestly, we don't use CJ4M so I never had to create a custom install package for MAC before. Here you go, check out the "Create a Custom Installer" procedures;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110_chapter_01100.html 

However, you should know... creating custom install packages is somewhat limited. Cisco only supports a handful of customizable install properties. Technically, you can change other property values within the install package but if something happens down the road - Cisco TAC won't support you. Good luck.

Views
Helpful
Replies