cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I disable the ringtone in the Windows client?

neile0001
Level 1
Level 1

How do I disable the ringtone in the Windows desktop Jabber client. I have version 10.5.2 Build 45439. In File > Options > Sounds and Alerts I have checkboxes to disable sounds for Chat messages, but no way to disable the ringtone.

Neil

13 Replies 13

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe we have a way to do that other than the DND feature.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

My internal IT support team suggested I just mute the app via the mixer controls in Windows, which I've done.

Consider this a feature request :) It's annoying to have the Jabber app blast a ring tone on my PC when my desk phone is right beside me also ringing.

Neil

You need to submit a formal PER via your AM so it's actually taken into consideration for future releases.

HTH

java

I'd be happy to, but I have no idea what PER or AM mean :)

Neil

PER = Product Enhancement Request

AM = Account Manager

HTH

java

Jabber for Window 10.6 which is currently in our Early Adopter Program trial and targeted to release on January 22nd, 2015, intends to add the following functionality, perhaps 10.6 will meet your needs?

Do Not Disturb

Call alerts and ringers are suppressed when your presence is Do Not Disturb, or in any red presence

state. If you receive a call while in Do Not Disturb, you still see a missed call notification on your client.

Call Notifications on Other Device

For users who do not want to interrupt their work to answer the phone, you can now disable incoming

call alerts, which requires the call to be answered on a desk phone or a headset.

Mute Before Answer

When you are joining a call, you can now mute your phone before you connect to the call.

Audio Device Selection

You can select your preferred headset or other audio device directly from chat windows. A new option

allows you to open audio options in the Jabber client, and select your microphone, headset, and ringer

preferences.

Ring on All Devices

You can hear incoming Jabber calls and alerts on your computer speakers and all connected devices.

Even if your headphones are plugged in, when you receive a Jabber phone call or IM alert, the sound

is played in both your headset and through your computer speakers. This feature is enabled by default,

but users can change their ringer and alert preferences in the Audio tab of the Options menu.

Those are all cool, but not quite what I want. Call Notifications on Other Device is close, except I don't want to disable the popup on my desktop. I just don't want the audio ring sound to play when a call comes in.

Neil

Neil,

I want exactly what you want... the pop-up call notifications, without the actual ringing.  I'm using client v11.1 and this still doesn't seem to be an option.

Did you submit a Product Enhancement Request?  If so, is there a number or anything that I can reference or vote up?

Thanks!

Nathan

No, I never did. Feel free and let me know so I can upvote :)

Hi,

we have the following issue: after the upgrade from CUCM 9.1 to 10.5(2), when a user set the presence state to red, the ringtone of the IP-phone will not be supressed.

Jabber version is still 11.5.1.

Should I set something else on  CUCM to have the same behaviour?

Thanks,

Mirko

Review the DND behavior in both, CUCM and the client side.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your answer.

DND is generally working!
If I press the DND key on the IP-phone and also with Jabber as softphone, if the presence state is set to DND (red) and I receive a call the device (IP-phone or client) doesn't ring.

But with Jabber set as CTI client, if I set the Presence state to DND (red) the IP-Phone rings as DND would not be enable.

Mirko

After a restart of all the server in the cluster included IMP DND works again also from Jabber.