Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How do I obtain Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 8.6 for use in my office lab?

Hello... not sure this is the correct way to inquire about this, but I am looking to get a copy of Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 8.6 for use in my office lab, I'm a CCNA certified IT consultant and looking towards my CCNA Voice. I realize you need a valid contract to obtain software, so if somebody can clarify to me, which specific contract will I need in order to obtain a copy of CUPC 8.6...that world be great. I've contacted several partners...none willing to help unless I want to buy an entire telephony system. Cisco makes it ridiculously hard for up and coming engineers who want to learn and gain experience with their products. Very frustrated!

Thanks and look forward to your response.

Dennis

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

How do I obtain Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 8.6 for use

You would need smartnet on either CUWL user licenses or CUPS.

Chris

Thanks Chris

Ok..so I went ahead and got a quote for a smartnet on CUPS 8.6-- so I'd have to pay $450 bucks to get the CUPC client appearantly. No way to just buy a copy outright is there??

Hall of Fame Super Silver

If you can get your hands on CUCM and IMP 9.X then you get 60 day  evaluation license you can use, might be better idea. Unfortunately, I or most others on this forum cannot provide it to you.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies