cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you deploy Jabber in IM-only mode by default?

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

We're plannign a rollout of Jabber in a fully on-prem 9.1.1a environment.  We'd like to roll Jabber in IM-only mode, and then roll each location to full-UC one at a time.  I'm finding it impossible to set up Jabber for an existing user and have it ONLY be an IM client.  UC Service Profiles allow me to turn off CTI, but that doesn't allow me to hide the phone control selector altogether.

Removing the Owner User ID from every device is not an option, and removing the CTI-Controlled Devices from every user is also not an option.

Are we SOL on this front, or is there something I can set in jabber-config.xml as a default that can be overridden on a per-user basis in CUCM?

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think you can remove that, I have a test user who is just IM&P enabled, but has no user/line/device association whatsoever, nor CSF device, and the control at the bottom right still shows up.

It just tells me it cannot control a deskphone, or phone on my computer. To use another phone for calls

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I found a config param you can use in jabber-config.xml, but the problem is that that'd kill it globally.  I'm sure we could also pass it in as an install param (a custom xml with that param in it), but that'd probably kneecap us when we're ready to migrate users to full UC, and certainly complicate the rollout.  I guess our little phone with the red x will be our friend for a while...