cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to... Bulk import (BAT) Jabber contacts on more than one CSV?

robmusitano
Level 4
Level 4

All.

We are parsing a Notes / Domino Buddy List export file to be used as a Contact List import into Jabber for all of our users.  This is not a corporate contact list import, these are all user defined buddy lists and each one is different.  Looking at all the documentation on using BAT to import contact lists it is implied that each user is an individual CSV file, hence an individual import.   I need a way to bundle all of the users CSV files (1000+) so that this 'bulk' import is truly a bulk import.  If I put all the users data into one large CSV file will BAT import to each user?  The documentation does not lead me to this answer but I have passed forums that mentioned that there are additional fields needed in the CSV, but no developments on that answer.

I am still following the necessary import format :

<UserID><UserDomain><ContactID><ContactDomain><Nickname><Groupname>

I assume one large CSV should work since each line is based on the import userID but would like to hear a positive YES.

Rob

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What I would do is do an export over multiple user and use that output as the template input for a new "super" BAT file.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Meaning combine all of my individual user CSV files into one?  I have approx. 10k individual user files to import into Jabber.  These are all different so I don't have overlap to send out to all users.  These are individual 'buddy lists' from Sametime.

Can I combine these into one file? or is there a way to bundle 10k files into one bulk job.

I looked at the migration docs for Jabber Contact lists and found that the export bundles all of the users into one single csv as I needed.  It still follows the import format below.  That looks like the way I will go for my imports unless there are other ways.

<UserID><UserDomain><ContactID><ContactDomain><Nickname><Groupname>

Someone mentioned that there is a way for me to drop all of my individual CSV files into the file system and import all of them as a single job.  Does anyone have information on that?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: