cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use existing Speed dials of IP phone on Jabber for windows 11.6.3

rsobti
Level 1
Level 1

How to use existing speed dials of IP communicator on Jabber for windows?

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot, Jabber doesn't have speed dials.

For something like that, you would need to create a custom tab.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime, 

From your comment, may I know is there any guide that can refer to create a custom tab for it?

With this custom tab, speed dials will be able to support on Jabber?

Thank you.

Jabber do not have the capability to use speed dials.

What I would think Java meant by the comment about custom tab is that you can create a web page with a list of phone numbers and reference that for the custom tab. Not nearly the same as speed dials IMO, especially as it’s not very user friendly to update and I’m not sure if it would be possible to have per user lists if this would be required. Possibly the url could be dynamically built on access. I’m not a web server guy, so I wouldn’t know.

Response Signature

Correct, that's the closest you can get to speed dials in Jabber, a webpage with href entries that either initiate an IM or a call.

HTH

java

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Assuming on premise, you can import them as custom contacts, and place them under a group on the user's contact list. If you know what the speed dials are, and the target JIDs to populate, a spreadsheet can be used for that.

It's a push process, you can't remove entries via this method, only create them, which also puts the maintenance requirement on you to maintain the list for new accounts, but it is possible.

NetAdminCisco1
Level 1
Level 1

this document says that we can configure speed dial on Cisco Jabber. Please have a look.

Cisco Unified Communications Self Care Portal User Guide, Release 10.5(1) - Cisco

Go to your CUCM, and you'll see that is wrong, no idea what kind of device they actually configured in that screenshot, because that's NOT the image that shows when you have Jabber, my guess is they configured some other device, called it Jabber and posted it.

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-12-13T15-03-01.757Z.png

This is very simple to confirm, go to your CUCM, and try what the doc says, there won't be any Jabber listed under Phone Settings -> Speed Dial Numbers, only devices in which you can actually configure speed dials will be listed.

HTH

java

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It does have that picture, but Jabber does not have speed dials.

Jaime and Adam you guys are absolutely right i followed the steps as mentioned by Jaime there was not speed dial option available to configure

Isn't it really strange Cisco is sharing such stuff in their official documentation  

No idea why this was posted this way, you can use the feedback option on the right to let them know the document is wrong and should be corrected

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: