Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use subdomain at Jabber with IM and Presence 10.5

I successfully have installed CUCM, CUCM IM Presence 10.5 and populate my user with msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress on the AD(sip:name@domain). 
And installed the expressway-C and expressway-E to do the MRA feature.

I am able to log on Jabber and have chat, calls, video, contact photos, contact informations and so on, but now I am trying to test the multiple IM domain feature (that is a requirements of my customer).

This is my environment:

user1@domain.com
user2@sub.domain.com
user3@sub2.domain.com

User1 can search the User2 but the IM address shows as user2@domain.com (because of the domain of user1).

If the user1 manually insert the contact of user2 with IM address as user@sub.domain.com, they can see, chat and call each other.

So, here are my questions:

1 - Is possible to Cisco Jabber client search directly the IM address as the Directory URI? If yes, how to do that ? (I tried <IMAddress use-default="false"> and <IMAddress prefix="sip:"> msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress or <UseSIPURIToResolveContacts> but does not affect nothing).

2 - Is possible to use a wildcard mask at "Unified Communications IM domains" to all my domain when generating certificate on the Expressway-E? Since all the domains will be a "subdomain". Because if I have to add a new domain at presence, must put here to jabber works external.  

Guilherme Henrique Villarinho www.avvid.net
4 Replies 4

Hi

Could you please tell me how to change the domain name.

Regards

At IM and Presence 10.5 it is possible to create many domains as you want. On the Presence Menu > Domains.

After that, I suggest you to change the Presence > Settings > Advanced configuration "IM Address Scheme" to Directory URI.

Regards,

Guilherme Henrique Villarinho www.avvid.net

Hi Henri

Thank in advanced for you help.This is my first time to install jabber can you help me if i have any issue

astrohmeier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Henri,

did you solve the Problem with the wrong IM address?

regards Achim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: