recently updated the version of jabber for iphone which allows voice, video and IM in the same app. I can not log in, I get the following message "Failed to locate the server"
my CUCM and IM version 9.1.1
Also having this exact same problem. Jabber IM worked fine in the past. Now that I've updated to Jabber 9.5, I am unable to log into our CUCM IM and Presence server. My IT admin have confirmed I am setup correctly in Call Manager and have even reset my profiles. I have also performed a factory reset on the iPhone, no change in result. Jabber Voice works fine.
iPhone 5 v7.0.2
Having same issue. Jabber on iphone will not connect over vpn (Anyconnect) after update. It does connect over wifi and will reconnect when switching from wifi to vpn. But signout then try to sign in over vpn and it cannot locate server...
We are seeing the exact same issue here on a new deployment. New Jabber for iPhone client connects over local WiFi but not via AnyConnect VPN to ASA. Logging on ASA shows packets being dropped from VPN Client address to CUCM port 8443 & port 5060. Any help in resolving this would be much appreciated.
See below post by Matt Martel Nov 21, 2013 6:24 AM. I first changed our Cluster Topology Name from SERVER TO SERVER.LOCAL.COMPANY (our internal domain name) and this broke our ability to connect entirely. It caused a database communication error as mentioned in the following doc: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080b04158.shtml
I contaced TAC and they were able to back out the change I made to resolve the database error. Then we changed the Cluster Topology Name from SERVER to IP ADDRESS and Jabber on the iphone now works over VPN as well as internal Wifi.
Thanks for your input, however our CIMP node is already defined by it's IP address rather than it's hostname or FQDN.
Same issue here as well. Cisco Jabber for iPad version 9.3.3 is working fine. Cisco Jabber for iPhone version 9.5 is getting "Cannot locate server. Check your server Address." Both the iPad and iPhone are using the same exact username/password/server address.
Has anyone gotten anywhere with this yet?
Was able to finally get connected. Check your wifi domain information. While I am on our corporate secure wifi network, I needed to adjust the "Search Domains" within the Wifi setup screen. Mine had an extra domain which was not needed. Example, before mine was yourcool.notreally.com, I changed it to just notreally.com and now I am able to log in via Jabber. Although, there is still an issue when connecting over AnyConnect VPN. However, while on work Wifi, it works great now.
I solved the problem. It is necessary to replace the hostname with the IP address of the Presence server.
My English is not very good
My search domain in WiFi was just blahblah.com. There was not an extra domain in there. I tried removing it and changing it to something different and same result when trying to use Jabber.
I have been using just the IP address of the server. So in my case that is not the fix either.
I had the same issue until I changed the server name to the fully qualified domain name, example cups101.example.com
Try it and let me know if it works.
I ended up opening a TAC case with Cisco on this and I needed to log into the Presence Admin Web console for our environment and change the Cluster Topology name for our server from just SERVER to SERVER.EXAMPLE.COM.
Restarted some services and now working on the iPhone with V9.5