Views
Helpful
Replies

Incorrect presence status in Jabber for Windows 10.5

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are testing JFW 10.5 and I think its the best version so far. But we are seeing a issue with the presence status.

Sometimes it shows a user available but in the fact, the user is offline (client closed).

We are running CUP version: 8.6.5.13900-2 and CUCM: 8.6.2.22900-9.

Any suggestions?

/Kristian

29 Replies 29

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What does the presence viewer from CUPS shows??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

If a user is logged off it should show the user with a grey presence colour. However, the user is displayed with a green colour, and therefore it looks like the user is online, but the fact is that the user is offline. 

Aaa in CUPS. Let me check that and I will get back to you.

Regards

Kristian

Hi,

have you fix the issue?

i m having the same issue.

and performing the crappy work around by uncheck the user and check back again

Hi 

No :( I think we have to start a TAC :( please do the same, The more the merrier.

Which user are you unchecking? the user that are seeing another user as available, or the users that are showed available, but in fact are offline.

/K

Hi Jaime

I have now looked in the presence viewer on the CUPS. The user is grey and offline but in the Jabber client, it shows that the user is green and available. After an restart of the Jabber client the user is grey.

What can it be?

Regards

Kristian

Then you would need to drill down to traces and PRTs to find out if it's CUPS that is not sending the update, or if Jabber is not processing the update properly.

I would try with a few other users, if you have more than one server, try with users on the same server and see if the behavior is the same.

You might want to open a TAC for this

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime

Scroll down to traces and PRTs? you mean that I should generate a PRT in the Client?

Atm. we only have one CUPS. Several users have been reported this issue.

I will contact Cisco TAC.

No one else have this issue?

Hmm 

We've still seeing presence issues in 10.5.5 :(

I'll better contact TAC then.

i have the same issues the jabber status not link with my outlook

jsmcniel88
Level 4
Level 4

I know this is a little old but wanted to give my resolution when i see this. If I un-assign and then disable the user for presence. Next re-enable the user and re-assign his presence node the status returns.

I have seen this in almost every version since CUPs and Jabber 8.6. Not sure why it happens but this usually resolves the problem. 

Hi

But this is happen for random users.

But which user should I re-enable? The user that are seeing the presence issue, or the other end?

Thanks

Kristian

Hi I actually just finished resolving another user that had this problem. For me it is also random users not everyone. In this order:

Un-assign the user in CUCM "assign presence users". 

Remove Jabber capabilities in CUCM user. Save.

Re-enable user for jabber. Save.

Re-Assign CUCM "assign presence users".