Views
Helpful
Replies

Integration of jabber technology

slowxpoke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, i have a few thing to clarify.

For Jabber technology, i will need to have an cisco server that support Unified Communication in order for me to acess feature like video conferencing, soft phone and other jabber feature? Or there are other equipment i will need it. Im just a student and no a very technical people. Pardon me if my question is very stupid. Thanks all

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you will need the UC Manager as well as the IM & Presence server software. You cannot download this from Cisco.com without a maintenance agreement. You also need a VMware-based compute and storage solution. If this is for lab/school there is the free ESXi hypervisor or VMware a Workstation (not free). Video conferencing requires an MCU or TelePresence server. This historically has been done on ASICs/dedicated hardware. Current Xeon H.264 acceleration options have allowed this to be virtualized but it's still a beast.

If you want to integrate other products then there are additional pieces. Examples include Unity Connection for voicemail, Cisco WebEx Meetings Server, or Cisco Expressway for inter-domain video calling.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Im doing my finaly year project and i am require to implement the cisco jabber into an website. My school wll be purchaseing the UC Manager and the IM & Presence server software. So with UC Manager, IM & Presence server software, EXSi hypervisor and MCU or telepresence server, im able to do instant messaging,soft phone, video confrencing, voice mail and desktop sharing?

May i ask why we need to use the EXSi hypervisor?

You use ESXi to virtualize your environment, if you want voicemail you also need to install a Unity Connection.

You can read about virtualization here:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization

But getting Jabber into a website, is no trivial task, you'll need to involve the SDKs as well.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I realise im able to download and use the Cisco AJAX XMPP Library 8.6.1 to test out the IM and presence and JabberSDK voice-video web version 9.2- MRS to test out jabber web video softphone. Is it possible to integrate these two function into just one application instead of two application? Please advise me. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: