cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPad jabber secure connect

acarnegie
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone using the iPad jabber client with secure connect and certificate based authentication to the ASA? Should I be configuring the on demand URL field in CUCM or the secure connect fields?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

3 Replies 3

we are using anyconnect from the iPad (and iPhones) to vpn in and then to register to CUCM

works well.

you do need both the essential and the nmobilityn licenses on the asa for this to all work. you do not need the premium ssl license

Hi Richard,

I've managed to get it to work if I start up the anyconnect app and login into the VPN 1st. I'd like for the jabber app to start the VPN of its own accord. When you configure the TAB device in CUCM there are options to configure a VPN on demand URL and also reference to secure connect gateways and SCEP groups for certificate enrolment. Do you know if they are supported on the iPad?

From what I have heard, there is a new set of app versions coming that will make Jabber more network aware such that when you launch, it will see what network you are conected to and if you have to VPN, it will kick it off automatically with the stored credentials for anyconnect.

not in development so have no idea when.