cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Cisco Jabber

MazeemKhan
Level 1
Level 1

When I type the message it disappears after clicking enter, both the sender and receiver can’t see it.

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Assuming a lot since your post includes little detail, starting with IM&P and not WebEx Messenger backend.

Do you have a 3rd-party compliance server integrated to IM&P? If yes, start there - it would be capable of dropping the XMPP message if it violated policy.

If not, are both users in your test assigned to the same IM&P node? If yes, pull XCP Router logs, see if the message was received, and if there is any obvious error messages in close proximity to it. If not, can you reproduce the problem between any two users on the same opposing IM&P nodes? That would suggest an XMPP fabric issue. Check the troubleshooting tool for obvious errors, then DB replication, and finally verify that multicast routing is functional - assuming you didn’t change the cluster to Router-to-Router that is.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/configAdminGuide/9_0/CUP0_BK_CFF5B189_00_config-admin-guide-imp-90/CUP0_BK_CFF5B189_00_config-admin-guide-imp-90_chapter_0110.html

@Jonathan Schulenberg, Thanks for replying to this. I am having the exact same issue. I work in IT for a VERY large corporate environment and its really hard to get things resolved or have questions answered when trying to get things resolved through "Big Daddy". Corp required us to push out Jabber a few months ago and this is my first time working with it. Could you help me understand how to read the logs or the first things an enduser would check when this problem starts. So far I am the only person, that I know of, that is having this issue.

I can log on fine. Contacts come up fine, but the very instant I send an IM to someone Jabber crashes and the Cisco Jabber Problem Reporting window pops up. The user on the other side says they receive the IM but then show I am offline. Also, If I login and have someone send me a message, I can hear the IM notification however Jabber closes and again the Problem Reporting window pops up again.

I have tried reinstalling the app to the specifics they sent us and imported all certs that were required. I've completely removed the app and my %AppData/Local profile. But still no luck. To be honest I have no clue how they have this thing setup. About the only thing I can tell you is in the advanced settings it is set to Automatic, so I assume there is some policy that can tell me where it is pointing to. If I click on "Cisco IM & Presence" there is an external server address that populates. (after doing a whois on that address it is registered with my company). 

I found a post somewhere about using TranslateX to read the logs but every time I try to import them into the program it just hangs up and is unresponsive.

If it helps any, we are using version 11.6.3. (Build 44957) What other info could I give you to help troubleshoot this issue?  Thanks for taking the time to read and help with this.

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I had a similar issue with a client of mine, and also because of it I found some big post on the Communities of people that're saying they're having the same issue. The solution for most people was to upgrade the Internet Explorer to version 11, and somehow it resolved the problem. Probably Cisco Jabber is using some Internet Explorer libraries under the hood, as it seems. Try it, if your IE version is under 11.