Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Jabber Photo Cache

ivpere0032
Level 1
Level 1

Hi people,

We have an issue with the jabber photos.

When you search a contact appears the photo of anotherone. A temporary solution is to delete de photo cache.

The version of jabber that we are using is the  11.6.1.

Do you know if the version 11.7.0 resolve the issue or if exist some patch to resolve the issue completely without deleting the cache of all the machines?

Thanks

Regards,

Iván

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are 3 options in which you can configure the photos, you need to mention which one you're using.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The photos of the users are in a server. The jabber download the photos and save them in the cache of the machine. We are using contact information from LDAP.

Then when you search a contact some contacts appear with another photo.

I found this article but with no solution.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12544971/jabber-windows-random-user-photos-displaying-incorrectly-someone-else

Maybe we could give you more information Jaime !. Thanks for your help !!! very appreciated !!

Ivan

Someone mentioned a similar problem recently, but said it was only a few machines and deleting the cache was not that big of a problem.

If your problem is with the searches, you probably want to start by getting a PRT and go through the logs to see what is the exact behavior, how it performs the LDAP search and where it's pulling the photo from.

If you already have a user in your contact list, and it has problems with the search, if you right click on the user and view his info, does it show the right photo?? and if you try to search again, does it fail? or does it work?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime, Thanks for the your help.

Now im having this issue in my jabber version 11.7.0. (i´m trying to verify the issue without deleting the history because it will appears in the future.

If I right click on the user and view his info, appears the right photo. (the mixed picture appears on recent contacts)

Thanks,

Ivan