Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

J4M Costum Deployment and Settings

Hi

Cisco  supports in J4W to create your own MS-Installer File to deploy an  application with all my personal settings (TFTP_FILE_NAME, Mode,  ServerIP,....). That's realy nice and very handy.

Is  it possible to open J4M App, to define my settings there and deploy. Or  is there a way to create a *.pkg file with a simple script to define  the settings after the installation. I'm testing some settings in the com.cisco.Jabber.plist but without any help is it a very long process. And my plan is to deploy a *.pkg file with the Cisco Jabber.app and my own *.plist file. Is this a way or is there a simpler one? 

====

Install Guide:

"If  users have Cisco Jabber for Mac devices only, use the following command  line argument to specify unique names configuration files for different  groups:"

- How does the whole command look like in the terminal?

># ciscojabber.app TFTP_FILE_NAME=my-config.xml

- So the App has always to start over the terminal?

Thx for help

Greetings Phil

3 Replies 3

dohnesor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

I am looking in to this issue and will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Thanks,

Daniel

dohnesor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

I have confirmed with our developers that this is currently not supported, we are working on a documentation defect to remove the line from the administration guide. Currently, the only way to use custom configuration files would be via the Cisco Support Field of the CSF device.

Hi Daniel

Thx for your help. Do you know if this or when this is on Cisco's todo list??

Greeting Phil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: