cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

J4W 9.7.1 unable to add contacts

panjwani80
Level 5
Level 5

2 IM&P nodes in HA mode over the WAN. All users are assigned to single node, second node is on standby.

EDI/LDAP integrated. When I try to add a contact in J4W it seems to add fine for a split second and then just disappears from the contact group. No error messages.

I have seen this behavior before but cut recall what the resolution was has anyone seen this specific behavior when adding contacts?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

panjwani80
Level 5
Level 5

more info:

I can't add users into Jabber if the IM address and email is different in the contact properties

for example:

IM Address: Cn1123@xyz.com

email: thomas@xyz.com

Anyone knows why?

Thanks

Exactly the same problem here - just opened a case - I'll update if we uncover anything.

I managed to fix this issue. On the IM&P server go to presence server ->settings -> advanced settings. My IM Address Scheme was set to Directory URI, change that to userid@default domain so that IM address in IM&P matches IM address on Jabber. You will need to stop bunch of services before you can make this change.

Thanks

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

before you try to add the user; when you just search the user; on the search screen it self highlight the user and do a rt. click; and then select view profile. Ensure that you verify  that this IM address is the correct.

this issue only happens when the IM address is not correct.

the im address should always be of the pattern;

uid@sipproxydomain.

all these information can be confirmed from the cluster topology page.

Amit,

That is precisely the issue. IM Address in IM&P node is different from IM Address in users Jabber profile.

Is there a way to fix this or am I running into a defect? I am running latest J4W 9.7.1 build 18170

AD user id: cm11234

CUPS domain: xyz.com

email address: thomas@xyz.com

CUPS IM address: thomas@xyz.com

Jabber IM address: cm11234@xyz.com

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: