Views
Helpful
Replies

J4W cannot search Outlook 2013 personal contacts

mflavio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have been facing a weird issue since last november.

Users who use Office 2013 Home and Business cannot search their personal contacts through J4W (All versions tested).

When I install Professional Plus version to test, the search works ok.

I opened a case with tac on november and by now we have no idea of what could be going on.

Anyone has any idea?

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks,

Flavio

20 Replies 20

Do you have the following in your jabber-config.xml file that you have uploaded into call manager?

<Policies>

<enableLocalAddressBookSearch>true</enableLocalAddressBookSearch>

</Policies>

Best Regards

Jarvis IT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same issue. I have tried a number of versions of Jabber for Windows from 9.6 to 9.72 and also recently the 10.5 beta.

This issue appears to be isolated to Outlook 2013 client PC's only. Regardless of what the OS is, either windows 8, 8.1 or 7. It appears to be irrelevant of what client you have installed e.g. 32bit or 64bit. All of my problem PC's are installed with 64bit versions of outlook and Window. All my 2010 PC's are working flawlessly. Have I tested every combination of OS and install of outlook? No I haven't.

I can also confirm my clients are getting the config with the following line:

<enableLocalAddressBookSearch>true</enableLocalAddressBookSearch>

I just assume this is something that will be fixed soon. It's frustrating because the executive always have the latest and greatest and they are the people being impacted the most.

Have you got on your presence server under Presence --> Gateway --> added Exchange -- EWS Server?

Best Regards

I Have this configured to my Exchange 2013 Service Pack 1 Server and the presence information is working flawlessly within the outlook client.

I thought this would only effect the presence bubble next to peoples names? I wouldn't have thought it has anything to do with searching the contacts from the local ost.

Which makes me think... Are you guys working with .pst files or do you have exchange .ost files? I am starting to suspect this is a problem with .ost files. My meetings also refuses to appear in the Cisco Jabber Client.

OK I have an mixed environment, I am running a 2010 exchange server witj 2013 and 2013 outlook clients. After populating in AD the proxyAddress field with the end users email addresses and with the following configuration on the Presence server "presence server under Presence --> Gateway --> added Exchange -- EWS Server" both my 2010 and 2013 clients using .ost files presence appear in outlook plus their calendar info showing them away when in a meeting and stating they are in a meeting and on both my Jabber 4 Windows and Smart phones we can search local as well as Global addresses.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_010.html#JABW_TK_E83CC0F0_00

refer to the following section ; "Enable Presence Integration with Microsoft Outlook";

To enable integration with Microsoft Outlook, you specify SIP:user@cupdomain as the value of the proxyAddresses attribute in Microsoft Active Directory. Users can then share availability in Microsoft Outlook.

Best Regards

Jarvis IT
Level 1
Level 1

The problem will resolve once you add the following entries. The problem appears to be caused by the MAPI support (the MSFT API used by Jabber) is not fully installed in these versions of Office 2013. So if you're using any other version of Office 2013 other then Pro Plus you need to add the following entries:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\MAIL]
"MAPI"="1"
"MAPIX"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem]
"MAPI"="1"
"MAPIX"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\MAIL]
"MAPI"="1"
"MAPIX"="1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem]
"MAPI"="1"
"MAPIX"=“1"