We have been facing a weird issue since last november.
Users who use Office 2013 Home and Business cannot search their personal contacts through J4W (All versions tested).
When I install Professional Plus version to test, the search works ok.
I opened a case with tac on november and by now we have no idea of what could be going on.
Anyone has any idea?
Any help will be welcome.
I see that this problem still has no response. One of my users is experiencing the same problem.
We have installed Jabber 9.7.2 on a Windows 8 machine with Outlook 2013 installed. When searching in Jabber it does not return any results for personal Outlook contacts.
C2C (click-2-call) functionality still works in Outlook 2013 so the plug-in must be working in some way.
What version of Jabber are you using? I am having the problems and I have 8.1 64bit and outlook 2013 64bit.
Outlook is updated to 15.0.4615.1002
Windows is 6.3.9600 Build 9600
Alexander, I checked the registry key and that is fine as per your screenshot.
I might have to run up a new pc as per your spec's Sirk and see if that makes a difference.
I am starting to wonder if it's some type of regional setting on the PC or maaybe a slight difference in our xml config.
This is my jabber-config.xml being downloaded from the Call Manager:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SearchBase2>OU=User policy OU Laptops,DC=jarvisnet,DC=com,DC=au</SearchBase2>
<SearchBase3>OU=User Policy OU PC,DC=jarvisnet,DC=com,DC=au</SearchBase3>
i think its not the config file.. i use at the moment a users file on the client and all config are set correctly on another pc's works fine.
I hope the Tac can locate the error, but i think its not so easy.
** Update ** I have get the Information from TAC that CSCup00769 Enhancement to support Outlook 2013 Home & Business edition for Jabber
Did you get a response from your TAC? Also that link you have posted needs fixing.
Just installed Jabber 10.5 for windows and still isn't working, are you running domain PC's?
Mark Hamilton suggested
But i already have this in my config and the clients are getting it.
I just installed Jabber 10.5 Build 37889.
Still having the same issues. I am back from holidays so I am going to do some more testing.
I updated my jabber-config.xml file on the TFTP server to include the following:
The affected users have reported that the issue has been resolved.
Do you have the following in your jabber-config.xml file that you have uploaded into call manager?
I am also experiencing the same issue. I have tried a number of versions of Jabber for Windows from 9.6 to 9.72 and also recently the 10.5 beta.
This issue appears to be isolated to Outlook 2013 client PC's only. Regardless of what the OS is, either windows 8, 8.1 or 7. It appears to be irrelevant of what client you have installed e.g. 32bit or 64bit. All of my problem PC's are installed with 64bit versions of outlook and Window. All my 2010 PC's are working flawlessly. Have I tested every combination of OS and install of outlook? No I haven't.
I can also confirm my clients are getting the config with the following line:
I just assume this is something that will be fixed soon. It's frustrating because the executive always have the latest and greatest and they are the people being impacted the most.
I Have this configured to my Exchange 2013 Service Pack 1 Server and the presence information is working flawlessly within the outlook client.
I thought this would only effect the presence bubble next to peoples names? I wouldn't have thought it has anything to do with searching the contacts from the local ost.
Which makes me think... Are you guys working with .pst files or do you have exchange .ost files? I am starting to suspect this is a problem with .ost files. My meetings also refuses to appear in the Cisco Jabber Client.
OK I have an mixed environment, I am running a 2010 exchange server witj 2013 and 2013 outlook clients. After populating in AD the proxyAddress field with the end users email addresses and with the following configuration on the Presence server "presence server under Presence --> Gateway --> added Exchange -- EWS Server" both my 2010 and 2013 clients using .ost files presence appear in outlook plus their calendar info showing them away when in a meeting and stating they are in a meeting and on both my Jabber 4 Windows and Smart phones we can search local as well as Global addresses.
refer to the following section ; "Enable Presence Integration with Microsoft Outlook";
To enable integration with Microsoft Outlook, you specify SIP:user@cupdomain as the value of the proxyAddresses attribute in Microsoft Active Directory. Users can then share availability in Microsoft Outlook.
The problem will resolve once you add the following entries. The problem appears to be caused by the MAPI support (the MSFT API used by Jabber) is not fully installed in these versions of Office 2013. So if you're using any other version of Office 2013 other then Pro Plus you need to add the following entries:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem]