cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 10.5.1 cannot select device

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

I installed Jabber 10.5.1 and cannot select my phone to make calls.  There's just a spinning circle and "Setting phone..." displayed.

Windows 7 64-bit, all specs in support.

CUCM 9.1.2.11900-12

IM&P 9.1.1.51900-1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Few questions i would need you to confirm

- Was this working before ?

- if this is a new setup ; in cucm admin\ user management\ search for the user that you used to login; make sure that this user has the necessary devices ( CSF device for softphone control and SEP device for deskphone control).

- the im and presence service profile that you have added should have a CTI gateway ( cucm server ip address/FQDN) defined.

- check if the tomcat certificate of you call manager service is still valid; it should not be expired.

- try to select reset jabber option in the jabber for windows log in screen and see if that resolves the issue.

- Click file\help\ show connection status to confirm what is the error message that you are seeing ?

- rate if this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Few questions i would need you to confirm

- Was this working before ?

- if this is a new setup ; in cucm admin\ user management\ search for the user that you used to login; make sure that this user has the necessary devices ( CSF device for softphone control and SEP device for deskphone control).

- the im and presence service profile that you have added should have a CTI gateway ( cucm server ip address/FQDN) defined.

- check if the tomcat certificate of you call manager service is still valid; it should not be expired.

- try to select reset jabber option in the jabber for windows log in screen and see if that resolves the issue.

- Click file\help\ show connection status to confirm what is the error message that you are seeing ?

- rate if this helps.

Yes, it was working with 9.7.4.

- I have both the CSF and SEP device in my controlled list.

- The service profile I'm using has the IM and Presence Profile defined, but no CTI Profile

- I reset Jabber and the first error I got when trying to set phone was CTI Server not configured

- Connection status shows Deskphone - "Connection error. Ensure the server information in the Phone Services tab on the Options window is correct."  Although there is no Phone Services tab in the options window.

It appears my problem is the CTI Configuration so I'll look into that.  I followed the setup guide to a tee and don't remember that being included.

Thanks for the pointers.

Will update Monday when I'll have a chance to work on it.

Thanks that was an easy fix.  Just had to set the CTI Profile.