cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 11.8 cannot see Chat and Emojis

josealvesneto
Level 1
Level 1

After installation of Jabber 11.8, I cannot see my text messages anymore, someone already seen this behavior before?

I just cannot see the text that I have just sent somebody, and I cannot see their reply.

Some ideia what is happening or any troubleshooting to do?

Thanks in advance for any help!

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What OS is this installed on?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime,

We are using Windows 7 Professional - 64bits. 

Having the same issue.  Cannot see anything in the window (no text, etc.).

Downgraded to 11.7.1, and it worked, but Jabber is enforcing some manditory upgrade to 11.8.0.49608.  It works while the upgrade is downloading (can't click into the Jabber window, but if someone IMs me and it opens a window I can see that), but as soon as the update is installed, it breaks again.

HOW do we disable the upgrade that is breaking things???

Opened a support case on this.  In my case, the issue was that I have IE8 installed, and Jabber 11.8 has this issue with IE8.  If you upgrade IE, the problem "fixes" itself.  My issue is that IE8 is needed in order to work with some older VMWare admininistrative instances.

Because our Jabber is cloud based, I worked with our organization admin and got them to turn down the baseline Jabber requirement so that it wouldn't upgrade. 

Thank you Clifford, 

That seems to be our case too. I was not aware we had computers still running IE8. Thanks for the info.

gamboao
Level 1
Level 1

Have several clients with the same issue after Jabber upgrade to 11.8. Unable to see text when sending and they are unable to see their replies. Using Win7 64 bit OS. I had clients downgrade Jabber. They are able to see their text and the replies from other clients but emojis do not appear after the downgrade.

Phil.Males
Level 1
Level 1

How are you installing the update? Manually or pushing via SCCM or something similar? We are having the same issue but only with a few clients, mainly ones that have been updated by SCCM and not a manual install.

We have not found a solution yet, and the way 11.8 is installed may have nothing to do with the issue. Just an FYI on our side and see how others, that are having the same issue, are deploying 11.8.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: