Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 8.6.4 Not Installing On Mac

adam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to install Jabber version 8.6.4 on my Macbook Pro version 10.7.4. I've downloaded and extracted the software.When I click on the icon to install it just bounces on the dock. If I click on it, the Jabber icon just dissappears and never does anything.

Please help!

Thank you,

Adam

6 Replies 6

Tony Cilli Jr
Level 1
Level 1

The Jabber for Mac file that you download from CCO isn't an installation file, it's actually the Application itself. I'd re-download the file, drag it into your applications folder then try to run it. Worked for me!

HTH,

Tony

If you find this post helpful, please feel free to rate!

Thank you for the reply Tony. Unfortunately, I have tried that and it still doesn't work. What OS version are you running?

Thanks again,

Adam

I was running the same version of 10.7, although I just upgraded to 10.8 this morning.

Try this: Shutdown your mac, press the power button then begin holding the Option key. you will get several boot options. Choose to boot to the Recovery Partition. Once it boots up, click the Utilities menu at the top of the screen then choose Disk Utility. Select the partition of your hard drive that has Mac OS X installed on it, then on the right hand side there are several buttons. First click Verify Disk. If it comes back and says Disk needs to be repaired, click Repair Disk. If it says Disk is OK, Click Verify Permissions. If there are any permissions errors that come back, click Repair Permissions. Once this is done, click on the apple menu and restart. Once it loads up, try running Jabber from your applications folder again.

Let me know!

Tony

Tony -  Thank you for the quick response! I just did everything you said and it did find some permissions that needed to be repaired in Applications, so I did that. Rebooted and ran it again....still didn't work :-(.

Any other ideas?

Thank you again!

Adam

Adam,

I think I'm just about out of ideas for this one. I've installed it on about 8 Macs here in the last week all running Lion with no problems. The only other thing I can recommend is remove the program completely ( any trace of it on your computer ), do a repair disk permissions again, and do a verify after the fact just to make sure there aren't any extra permissions needing repair, then restart and go download the program again from Cisco's web-site. Drag it to your applications folder and try again. Other than that, maybe try creating a second user account on your mac and seeing if it will install on that account? Otherwise, I'm fresh out of ideas. If that doesn't do it, i'm sorry I couldn't resolve your problem and wish you the best of luck!

Thanks,

Tony

Those are some good ideas Tony. I'll give all a try and let you know the outcome. Thanks again for your help!

Adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: