cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 9.0.2 cloud deployment and Auto-Start options

jwitham
Level 1
Level 1

We're getting ready to roll out Jabber 9.0.2 to about 2,000 users in a Cloud scenario (WebEx Connect + SAML).  We have our software deployment package set and tested, but we are unable to programatically tick the 'Automatically start Cisco Jabber when my computer starts' check box.  Since we're not running anything on-prem, I don't think we can do anything with a jabber-config.xml, can we?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can set it up to run auto yourself, as with any other Windows program:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2148371

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the suggestion and quick reply!  Unfortunately our deployment job runs as 'system' and dropping the shortcut in the startup folder makes it impossible for our users to easily opt-out (they're not admins).  We'd much prefer to leverage the built-in capability if possible, but can't find where that bit gets set.

Greatly appreciate the feedback though!

-jw

Hi,

In the 9.1 release of Jabber for Windows, there will  be an option to configure it via jabber-config.xml file but that will  still require the manual start of client atleast once. So the only  seemless option is to add it to the 'Run' registry folder as Aaron  mentioned in the above post.

Selecting/unselecting the option "Automatically start Cisco Jabber when my computer starts" in Jabber options creates/deletes a system registry in Run folder:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

Key Name = Cisco Jabber

Key Type   = String

ValueData  = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\CiscoJabber.exe"

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood:

I think this is exactly the details we were looking for. (Confirmation that the tick box creates the regkey, and detailed registry settings).  We will investigate the solution and determine if it works.  Thank you very much for your response!

kind regards,

-jw

John,

Did you get any luck with the reg edit?  I am trying to do the same thing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: