Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 9.0.4 and Webex

marcbelcourt
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Have recently installed Jabber 9.0.4 and am getting the following error when trying to start an Instant WebEx Meeting:

jabbererror.JPG

When putting in all the account details (xyc.webex.com, username, password) as required in the options, I am authenticated with no issues.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,

Marc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marc,

How do you enter your username? is it "xyc" or "xyc.webex.com"? There is a defect open where entering in username in email format results in error.

CSCub67959: Can't join meeting if CUP user  login Jabber with email format

Also make sure that you log into jabber with correct cased username. There was atleast one report where user had same id for Jabber and Webex e.g. "Xyz". When he logged in Jabber as "xyz", above error appears although UC and IM services work fine. A defect is not yet available to track this behaviour.

Thanks,

Maqsood

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marc,

How do you enter your username? is it "xyc" or "xyc.webex.com"? There is a defect open where entering in username in email format results in error.

CSCub67959: Can't join meeting if CUP user  login Jabber with email format

Also make sure that you log into jabber with correct cased username. There was atleast one report where user had same id for Jabber and Webex e.g. "Xyz". When he logged in Jabber as "xyz", above error appears although UC and IM services work fine. A defect is not yet available to track this behaviour.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Fantastic - works like a charm now.

I was using all lowercase when logging into webex for years, just checked site and the first two initials are actually uppercase. Changed in Jabber and i am in.

Thanks of the quick reply!

Marc

Hi Marc,

I am seeing this same problem. Can you please advise if the domain in the topology settings in a public domain or an internal domain?

For example, the CUP cluster and all of the UC apps were built with the domain of "example.internal". All Presence, IM, click-to-call, on hook state, calendar presence is working.

Escalate to WebEx however is reporting that same error you have. We were advised to change the domain to "example.com" to match the email address in WebEx.

However this did not work, and broke some things. We have since rolled back. However I was wondering if you had the internal or external public domain set?

Thanks

Dana

Hi Dana,

Webex.com hosts our webex instance, so perhaps this may not be relevant for you.

See the screenshot below - this is from within the Jabber client.

The cause of my problem was my username was not in the correct case.

Originally I put in "mbelcourt", which gave me the error.

After checking on the webex site under my profile, i saw that the username was actually "MBelcourt".

Once I put it in with the proper case, it worked like a charm.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Marc

Ok yes. This customer's webex site is also hosted. And all of our usernames are in lower case.

I've checked the error message again and it is slightly different. It reports a problem with the email account associated with the webex account.

So it's likely related to the domain. The Jabber PRT reports users attempting to join with the internal domain.

Can you please confirm that your CUP server is using your company's top level Public domain name?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: