Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber - 9.2.2 outlook integration

Hi - we have  integrated the CUPS - 9.1.1 with CUCM 9.1.2 and all the End users are manually created not sync through LDAP.

But the User ID is same in both CUCM, CUPS which is in AD. 

When ever user logged in to Jabber with the Domain they able to search user which is AD.

Now client want to get the status of each user in Outlook and they want to Initiate IM though outlook.

I checkd the DOC where it says CUCM need to integated thorough LDAP to get this done.

Is there any alternate way where I can acheve this, Also i checked few doc it  says i need to update

SIP:<cupuserid>@<presencedomain> in AD for each and every user is that only config i need to peform to achieve this or Is there anything more i need to follow.

SIVANESAN R       

SIVANESAN R
2 Replies 2

Atllp_rtutt
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure wether the ldap portion is required but we are using ldap sync and we did have to make sip proxy accounts for everyuser to get the presance working in outlook.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you will need to have a SIP URI in the proxyAddress attribute. This is a Microsoft design that Jabber is integrating with, not Cisco-driven behavior. The Office suite and the SharePoint DLL query for the SIP URI and then feed this to a local API that Jabber registers to on the local PC. Office feeds the URI to that API, Jabber checks the contact list and if necessary does a temporary presence subscription to get the presense and contact information (e.g. phone numbers to call). This is fed back to Office through the API which then gets populated in the Persona Menu.

LDAP authentication is psuedo-required for other reasons, mainly the sanity of everyone involved by providing a single password. Not doing LDAP sync/auth is a great way to generate a ton of helpdesk tickets. There are some situations that make LDAP sync/auth flat-out mandatory but the Enhanced Directory Integration (EDI) of Jabber for Windows has alleviated this to some extent because Jabber can use the Windows ADSI to do queries instead of doing a native LDAP bind.

I would challenge you to think of reasons why you shouldn't do LDAP sync/auth; I would be surprised to hear of a legitmate one. This is esspecially true in CUCM 9.x where you can still have local users in addition to the LDAP-synced ones; it's no longer all-in or all-out.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.