cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 9.2 and StartCallWithVideo set to false not taking

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

The StartCallWithVideo option doesn't seem to working in Jabber 9.2 (tried 9.2.0 and 9.2.2). Tried false and FALSE for value.

The jabber-config file downloads fine and has all the settings below on PC and the DockedWindow is not visible so the settings are working, but the calls start with video still and on the Jabber GUI under call section the start calls with video is selected.

When I make call to someone else it starts with video unless I manually set to not start calls with video.

Not finding any bugs on this.

Anyone seen this before or know how to get it working if it isn't a bug?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<config version="1.0">

<Client>

</Client>

<Directory>

<DirectoryServerType>UDS</DirectoryServerType>

</Directory>

<Options>

<StartCallWithVideo>FALSE</StartCallWithVideo>

<Start_Client_On_Start_OS>true</Start_Client_On_Start_OS>

<DockedWindowVisible>FALSE</DockedWindowVisible>

</Options>

<Policies>

<Screen_Capture_Enabled>true</Screen_Capture_Enabled>

<File_Transfer_Enabled>true</File_Transfer_Enabled>

<Disallowed_File_Transfer_Types>.exe;.msi;.rar;.zip;.mp3</Disallowed_File_Transfer_Types>

<Video_Disabled>false</Video_Disabled>

</Policies>

</config>

10 Replies 10

a.janssen
Level 1
Level 1

Same here with version 9.2.3. Fixed it within CUPS Admin pages:

Application->Cisco Jabber->Settings

Select "Always begin calls with video muted".

hth

Andre

We have got the same problem but customer CUPS version is 8.5.2.10000-49, thus there's no Jabber option. Looks like it's "fixed" in CUPS 9x?

Thanks.

At least it's there in v. 8.6.3.10000-20.

Regards

Andre

Hi Andre,

I must have missed something. I got on another system CUPS 9.1.1 admin page. Application only gives me these options: Legacy Clients, Microsoft RCC, Third-Party Clients, Client Types and Plugins. I navigated to each of them but still couldn't find "Cisco Jabber" option....

Thanks

There's no Jabber option?

You have 6 options under Application. Mine only has 5..... My account should be an admin account.

This should answer any open question:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2200701

;-)

Anyone have fix to this issue with IM&P 9.1.1, I have UC Service profile setup right and the setting set to false and my client is getting current XML file but still starts calls with video. I've tried both upper case and lower case for the false value. Other settings from my jabber-config file are working just fine. 

FALSE

I've been thru the links above and documentation again but not seeing a option anywhere on CUCM UC profile pages or IM&P to disable this.

I figured this out with  CUCM 9.1 it is under System -> Enterprise Parameters in Call Manager Admin and way down at bottom under Cisco Jabber section.

"Never Start Call with Video" , set it to True in drop down.

This overrides the jabber-config.xml settings it appears...

404 Page Not Found on your link -jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: