Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber 9.2 has lock on microphone although not selected under audio

I have Jabber 9.2 deployed and I  have selected the built in sound card rather than the external usb  microphone under "options" and "audio", however when I go to use the usb  microphone in another application (voice2dox) I get an error:

"The  recording could not start. Another application may be using the same  device. Please close all other applications which may cause the problem  and try again. If the problem persists, please shutdown Voice2Dox and  start it again".

Any ideas on how to disable Jabber from having access to the microphone?

Everyone's tags (2)
2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Jabber 9.2 has lock on microphone although not selected under au

This is a guess, not a known solution: Go into your Control Panel > Sound and check to ensure that the USB headset is not the default communications device. This gets a green icon with a phone handset overlaid on the playback/recording devices and can be changed by right-clicking on another device and using the Set Default button at the bottom of the dialog.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or

A customer is having an issue

A customer is having an issue very similar to this one, years later, which remains unsolved.

An application on a PC has a lock on the scanner, which it sees as an imaging device (camera). The end user has to exit out of Jabber for the scanner to work. 

Any ideas? End user complaint is below:

SC Data is a scanning application for Epic. Same Scanner used for Epic.  This SC Data software runs on the PC, but apparently has a conflict with JABBER.  Users Must close Jabber in order to get the Scanner software to work.

So there is a known work-around, but it is annoying/inconvenient.  Users would like to leave Jabber running all the time, and not have to stop and restart the Jabber client in order to use the scanner.

Views
Helpful
Replies