Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber 9.5 iPhone: Call from IM contacts list

Hi,

Perhaps a silly question, but isn't it possible to call contacts from the Jabber 9.5 for iPhone IM contacts list? I can see their status properly and when I click them I send an IM message. I can also go to the contact's profile page using the arrowkey on the right or by selecting the "card" button in the top right corner of the screen during an IM message. From this profile page I can select "Chat" or "Remove Contact". The buttons "Textmessge" and "WebEx-Meeting" are greyed out. There are no buttons for 'call'.

Isn't it possible to make calls from here?

Regards,

Ruud van Strijp

4 REPLIES

Hello,

I'm having a similar issue but just with outbound calls.

I can receive and place calls by searching contacts but I cannot see any details in the profile section for an added user.

Maybe a bug that will be fixed with 9.6?

thanks

lorenz

------- have a look to my blog lgrconsulting.com

I am seeing the same thing with Jabber 9.5.  You can use the "Keypad" option in the Menu to make "internal DID" calls, but you cannot directly call a contact from the contact list by clicking on their name or the arrow next to their name.  I would think this should be the case as that is how the Jabber desktop for Windows works.  If you don't know someone's DID/extension phone number you can't call them.

Hoping someone see this and can either tell us this is by design or can help make it work the way we want it to.

Thanks,
Matt

I'm getting the same issue.

Is this solvable?

thanks

VIP Super Bronze

Is this on-premise IM&P or WebEx Messenger?

If the former, the IM&P server does not have phone number information, well at least not that it shares with the Jabber client directly. For that bit you need the directory source to work. This is defined in the jabber-config.xml file using a separate element specific for BDI.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPhone/9_5/JABI_BK_JF37EFA2_00_jabber-iphone-installation-and-configuration-9-5_chapter_0110.html

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content