cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 9.6 Cannot Currently Add the Contacts

SHAWN EFTINK
Level 5
Level 5

I'm running Jabber for Windows 9.6 with Jabber Cloud (formerly WebEx Connect).  I have all my internal users in addition to a large number of external contacts including Cisco employees and some of my clients.  Today I was adding 2 contacts at another client.  The first contact was added without issue.  When I tried to add the second contact, I received the error message:

"The system cannot currently add the contacts.  Try again later or contact your system administrator."

We haven't changed anything on our end but every time I try to add this contact, I get this error.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.
7 Replies 7

Is only this client affected? or all the users are having the same problem?

I'm using v9.6.0 and I have never seen it.

Rolando,

To my knowledge, this is the only client/user affected as I haven't received any report of issues from other users.  It's also the first time I've seen it.  I did end up trying to add the user from my iPad.  It worked fine and updated by Windows client appropriately.  I've also since upgraded to 9.7.  I appreciate you attempting to assist.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Adding Custom (or external) Contacts in Jabber for Windows (9.7 and above) is only supported in on-premise IM&P deployments, not cloud based (Webex Messenger).

-Nick

Can you try clearing Jabber cache?

Close and exit out of Jabber (if still running)
Clear the Local Jabber cache. This data is found in the following two directories:

Win 7:
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber

Win XP:
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber

I had the same issue and it was solved by deleting the cash files as you mentioined .

Many Thanks 

rcerda_cl
Level 1
Level 1

I have the Same issue.

rcerda_cl
Level 1
Level 1
Did you solve your problem?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: