cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Jabber 9.6 no voicemail tab for CUC with CUCM 9 and CUC 8.6

Hi guys,

I have Jabber 9.2 and 9.6 clients with CUCM 9.1.2, CUC 8.5.1 and Cisco IM + P 9.1.1.

We've recently updated the CUCM and CUPS to Cisco IM+P.  Also we have migrated from CUPC Clients to Jabber clients.  The CUC server has remained as is.  I was able to get the CUPC clients to get voicemail/visual voicemail but the Jabber client doesn't even display an ico for voicemail. 

The service profile for all users is set correctly to point to the CUC server and there's no errors when I go to the jabber client "show connction status".  

I haven't been able to find much about this issue.  I have noticed that if I set the mail store the voicemail tab appears but we are not using a mail store as the voicemail repositary.  Is this now required to check voicemail?  If so can someone point me to the configuration guide?  We have exchange 2012.  Thanks very much!

-Akin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

7 REPLIES
Community Member

No one else has the same problem??

Bronze

Community Member

Hahhh, thank you.  I mistakenly thought the voicemail profile was all that was needed for CUC. 

Hi every body,

I  have some problems but not with all the users, is only working with 3  users and the rest of them don't work, I attached the errors that I get  when I try to log in Telephony Accounts in the Jabber, I used the Jabber  of one User, and from here I introduce my credentials (user and  password) and I can get the voice mails (only from de 3 users that is  woriking fine), but when I introduce the credentials of the other user I  get the error and Can't get the voicemails.

The 127.23.0.7 is the IP address of the Cisco Unity Connection.

Please Help Me I'm stuck with this!

Community Member

It could be many things. 

Check that the service profile you are using for the end users on the CUCM is the same one as the users that work

1: In Communications Manager, go to User Management --> End User

2: Click on a user that is working

3: Check the service profile under the section "Service Settings:":

4: Make sure that the other users that don't work have the same service profile.

If this doesn't resolve the issue,  have you set up the users correctly in the voicemail server?  For instance, are the 3 users that work all synced with LDAP or CUCM or just local users where as the users that don't work are not of the same type?

The Users in the CUCM are integrated against LDAP but the users in the Ciso Unity Connection (CUC) are entered manually like local users.

I'm going to check the service settings in the User Management in the CUCM, This CUCM is Version 9.0.

CUC version: Version 9.1.1.10000-32

VERSION JABBER: 9.2.6 COMPILATION 12639

Hi Akin Utku,

Thanks four your quick answer!.

All the users have the same Service Profile, so the issue is not this!

The Users in the CUCM are integrated against LDAP but the users in the Ciso Unity Connection (CUC) are entered manually like local users.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content