Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Jabber 9.6 Presence Not Updating Correctly

Hi Guys,

We have had an issue where we have upgraded approx 3000 jabber deployments from 9.2 to 9.6.

Prior to the upgrade, presence was updating correctly however we have now found a good quarter of Jabber clients are not automatically updating their status.

E.g. User A is on a call, User B sees User A as on a call correctly. User A then hangs up. User A Jabber still shows them as on a call and User B now sees User A as offline (when in fact she is still on-line). If User A then locks their PC, User B now sees their status go from off-line to “Away”. If User A then un-locks their PC, User B sees their status change to off-line where User A still sees them selves as “Away”.

The only way to rectify the situation at the moment is to get user A to logoff and back onto Jabber. It also seems more of an issue if user A & B are on different nodes (we have two in HA).

The only other thing that has changed in conjunction with the 9.6 upgrade was a new jabber-config.xml file.

CUCM 8.6.2 – CUPS 8.6.5

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES

Jabber 9.6 Presence Not Updating Correctly

Hi James,

For your information, I have the same issue at a customer site and we work with exactly the same version of CUCM, CUPS and Jabber Client.
We identified that the issue come from after a sleep mode or a hibernation mode of the computer combined to a lock/unlock of the computer or an automatic change of the status ("away" after a period of time).

E.g. User A put his PC in sleep mode, when he come back from the sleep mode, all is ok but if he lock his computer, when he unlock his computer, sometime (it is intermittently), is status stay "away", the watchers see him offline. If he change is status manually to "DND", the watchers see him "DND", if he change his status to "away", the watchers see him 'Away", but if the user put is status "available", the wathers see him "offline".
I found that, if the user put his status "away" and make a call, if during the call, he put his status "available", when he stop the call, the watchers are able to see all the correct status after this manipulation.

We opened a TAC Case for 1 week but we have not yet a solution.

Best Regards,

Guillaume

Re: Jabber 9.6 Presence Not Updating Correctly

Thanks Guillaume,

Yes, come to think about it I have only seen this an issue with laptops only. That and the upgrade and deployment of 9.6. Only see this issue for clients connected to one of our presence servers though. As soon as I move them, they stay fine.

Something not right.....

Just as FYI... As directed by

Just as FYI...

As directed by Cisco, CUPS update 8.6.5.13900-2 has seemed to resolve this issue. Upgraded and all good.

Hey mate. How is you TAC case

Hey mate. How is you TAC case going on this? Any resolve? Mine is getting long in the tooth and seems to be going no where…

Sorry for the late reply.The

Sorry for the late reply.
The issue was solved with the CUPS Release 8.6.5 (SU3) provide by Cisco.

Best Regards,

Guillaume

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content