Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 9.6 URI dialing

Hi,

I have tried to configure intrasite URI dialing between two Jabber 9.6 clients.

I have followed the server configuration guides for adding Directory URI's, assosiating URI's with the directory numbers and so on.

I am trying to add the users e-mail adress as their URI address so I can dial their e-mail.

The thing I cannot get around is that when I type in the e-mail address in the jabber search field the user pops up. I cannot for the life of me get Jabber to display the call button when searching for URI address in the search field.

1. Do you have to use some other form of an URI than the users e-mail?

2. How can I get Jabber 9.6 to recognize an URI address as something to dial?

Kind regards

Håkon Bergan Nohr

4 Replies 4

Michael Ciulei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Haakon,

I have the same problem with URI dialing as you do with the new Jabber 9.6.

Be sure to use the 9.1.2-11900 version of CUCM as requested in the server setup guide.

If you discover how it works, please let me know.

Regards,
Michael

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi,

I found the answer. I am not shure it's the only answer, but it's the only one i found.

On page 121 in the installation and configuration guide for jabber 9.6 mentiones a xml value called

EnableSIPURIDialling. This is false by default. That means that URI dialing is off by defaault.

I added the following in my jabber-config.xml file and it worked.

true

Kind regards

Håkon Bergan Nohr

Hi Håkon,

Thank you for the reply.

I enabled the URI dialing as you suggested through jabber-config, and now it's working for me also.

Regards,

Michael

kalekars
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Hakon,

Thanks for the valuable post, I was also facing the same problem while URI dialing from jabber 9.6 client.After changing the jabber-config file as suggested its working fine.

true

Thanks!!!!!

Regards,

Sachin Kalekar