cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber 9.7

vikkolli1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a lab configuration in which I have CUCM 9.1 and Jabber 9.7.1. I have a user who is LDAP synchronized and has been assigned a CSF Device and a Physical Phone device. I can log into th jabber client and it connects fine with the physical phone but when I try and shift the connection to use the computer as the phone I get an error (red X on the computer ICON) . In the connection status window it says that I cannot connect to the softphone

6 Replies 6

RAJAMANI Nallakaruppan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would actually start by looking into the connectivity from the Jabber client to the CUCM

Make sure you have the CCMCIP & TFTP settings configures on the CUPS

Check for LDAP Authentication on the CUCM, check if User is assigned to the DN and the phone is associated to the user

RAJAMANI Nallakaruppan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can try this as well https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/147561/configuration-steps-jabber-softphone-mode

I am on 9.1 and in my CUPS server I do not see a menu that says application > Jabber. I only have application > Settings. Is something wrong with the environment

The above is from my Cisco IM & P 9.1 as well

You dont see this option?

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

Is your CUCM server name configured as host name?

If you have only one server in the CUCM cluster, can you just try changing the server name in System --> Server from hostname to IP address, and then re-login to Jabber client. If you have multiple servers in cluster, it may cause DB issues, and you need to follow procedure. As this is your lab server, please try it.

m.vanheukelum
Level 4
Level 4

Does the user have the Standard CTI Enabled role?